Low Carb Dining: Longhorn Steakhouse
Low carb living isn’t as restrictive as some naysayers make it out to be. In the early days, many proclaimed that low carb living meant excluding vegetables, scarfing down heaps of fat, and being restricted to slabs of meat. As we’ve learned, those sentiments are far from the truth and low carb living is just as enjoyable as well as healthy as any other.
Over the years, I’ve peeped in on discussions about social eating, specifically dining out. Social eating is a staple activity across many circles of friends. So, anytime someone asks for a reference, I have many to offer, including Longhorn Steakhouse.
Of course you can’t go in there and have several slices of bread, croutons with your salad, or any bread variety but there are options. You have options. We have options.
For Longhorn Steakhouse lovers, here’s are the low carb options that I suggest.*
Bold Bites and Epic Beginnings
- Seasoned Steakhouse Wings
- White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms (not induction friendly)
- Spicy Chicken Bites (low carb/not induction friendly)
- Steamed broccoli
- Creamed spinach
- Maple Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- All burgers recommended minus buns or breaded onion toppings (substitute fries for broccoli)
- Grilled chicken (w/out bun) substitute fries for broccoli
- Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich | substitute fries for broccoli
- All steaks recommended | My favorites are the Outlaw Ribeye or standard ribeye
- All pairings (minus rice with the grilled shrimp or baked potato)
- Napa Grilled Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Redrock Grilled Shrimp
- Baby Back Ribs
- Longhorn Salmon
- Chop Steak
Salads & Soups
*Many of these options are lower in carbs but not induction friendly without removing some of the items. Please take this into consideration when ordering.
- Farm Fresh Field Greens
- Grilled Salmon Salad
- 7-Pepper Sirloin Salad*
- Hand-Chopped Side Salad
Enjoy your time out with family and friends at Longhorn Steakhouse, low carb style of course.
Be a friend and pin about Longhorn Steakhouse: