Low Carb Beef Taquitos
The Best Low Carb Beef Taquitos
Taco Tuesday isn’t simply about tacos. I mean, yeah, I know the name implies it, but we can slip in other goodies like these low carb beef taquitos. These guys are fun and easy to make. It’s the perfect meal to make along with your family. Let’s check out the ingredients below.
These portions sizes are based on a small batch of taquitos. Adjust for larger or smaller portions. This is good for four mid-size taquitos.
Beef Taquitos Filling
1/4 pound of ground chuck
1 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup of white onion (or to taste)
1 teaspoon of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of Chupacabra
Low Carb Cheese Shells
1/4 of Colby Jack Cheese
1/2 of Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup of chopped or shredded lettuce
1/4 cup of chopped tomato (optional)
2 teaspoons of sour cream (optional)
These are simple to make. It’s important that you prep first because the cheese shells melt quickly. As shared across social media, simple directions without the long backstories are preferred. Y’all want the meat but not the bone. I get it. So let’s see how short I can make these directions.
- prep ground chuck
- preheat oven to 400
- chop tomatoes and onions for both the filling and toppings
- brown ground chuck with tomatoes, onions, and seasoning to 80% doneness to avoid over cooking in the oven
- while the filling is browning, prepare the cheese shells
- mix blends of cheese, make small piles on parchment paper, do not use foil, space on parchment paper to avoid overlapping
- put cheese shells in the oven until desired doneness
- remove and allow to cool
- once the cheese shells are cool but not hard, stuff with filling the wrap
- place close together in a baking dish, and put back in the oven for 15 minutes or desired doneness
- remove and cool
- add toppings
Low Carb Beef Taquitos on Youtube
You may also like the Curtido Salad, try it
Taco Salad on your mind, we have you covered.